The Archivist was then able to spend her time putting 8 new sets of records (fonds) online on the Archives Network of Alberta website, which brings our total to 16.
New records include:
- Alberta Historic Sites Service fonds
- This fonds covers a survey done in Peace River and surrounding areas of many of our major historic buildings and sites.
- Alexander Wallace fonds
- Alexander Wallace started the Wallace Drug Company, which later became the Hanna Drug Company.
- Hanna Family fonds
- Sam & Grace Hanna bought into the Wallace Drug Company and it became the Hanna Drug Company. Their son, Jim, was a World War II veteran.
- Dora Lloyd fonds
- Dora Lloyd was an early nurse and matron of the Irene Cottage Hospital in Peace River. This fonds focus on her time here.
- Jack O'Sullivan fonds
- Jack O'Sullivan owned, with his partner Ted Stigsen, O'Sullivan and Stigsen Company which freighted up and down the river until 1949 as well as operating trading posts in the region. This fonds includes a great deal of information on Jack's career on the river as well as his family.
- "Peace River" Jim Cornwall fonds
- "Peace River" Jim was a tireless promotor of the possibilities in thenorth, MLA for this area as well as operating boats on the river and many other activities in the north. This fonds includes, amongst other records, 3 photograph albums of trips through the Peace Region.
- Pearl MacRae fonds
- A collection of photographs of early Peace River.
- Stanley Lawrence fonds
- This fonds contains information on two generations of the Lawrence family, the Sheridan & Juey Lawrence family and their son, Stanley Lawrence and his family.