Hi, my name is Christina Sasseville. I am a heritage interpreter here at the Peace River Museum, Archives and Mackenzie Centre. As a summer student employed through Young Canada Works, so far I have been involved with school programming, tours, and the museum gift shop. In July and August I will be offering heritage interpretation at three heritage sites: St. Augustine, Mackenzie Cairn, and Twelve Foot Davis. Tours begin on July 4, continuing until August 24. These tours will be a great opportunity for teachers, locals, or visitors to learn more about the Peace Country and the significance of each heritage site.
In total, there will be six St. Augustine tours, four Twelve Foot Davis tours, and two Mackenzie Cairn tour opportunities. I hope you to see you at one of the sites. Have a great summer!
Drop by at any time during the scheduled times below.
St. Augustine: Provincial Historic Site, Shaftesbury Trail, River Lot 22, Highway 684.
- Friday, July 4, 6:30 - 8 pm
- Sunday, July 13, 2:30 - 4:30 pm
- Sunday, July 20, 1 - 4 pm
- Sunday, August 3, 1 - 4 pm
- Sunday, August 10, 2:30 - 4:30 pm
- Sunday, August 24, 1 - 4 pm
Twelve Foot Davis: Fairgrounds Road off Highway #2 South.
- Saturday, July 5, 2 - 4 pm
- Saturday, July 19, 2 - 4 pm
- Friday, August 17, 2 - 4 pm
- Sunday, August 22, 6:30 - 8 pm
Mackenzie Cairn: National Historic Site, Shaftesbury Trail, River Lot 19, Highway 684.
- Sunday, July 13, 11 - 1:30 pm
- Sunday, August 10, 11 - 1:30 pm
|Tonight's tour takes place at St. Augustine Mission site from 6:30 - 8 pm.|